- American Camp Association (ACA) is a community of camp professionals and an independent accrediting organization. ACA standards for health, safety, and risk management in camp operations are recognized nationally. Office of Precollege & Youth Program Compliance (OPYPC) collaborates with the ACA Camps on Campus forum.
- Praesidium analyzes organizations to decrease the risk of child abuse. Each organization is evaluated in eight key areas.
State of Wisconsin departments and statutes
- Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection Statute 78 outlines state policy for licensing overnight camps and programs.
- Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, Division of Early Care and Education 252 outlines licensing rules for day camps and programs.
- Wisconsin Statutes 49.982(2) and Governor’s Executive Order 54 require that specific professionals and all UW System employees report cases of suspected child abuse and neglect to county child protective services or local law enforcement.
Fill out this form to get in touch with OPYPC staff. Do not use it to report a case of suspected child abuse or neglect. Learn more about Mandated Reporting for specific information about reporting suspected child abuse or neglect.