It’s never too early to be a Badger!
With programs in STEM, music, creative arts and college prep, kids ages 6–18 can explore their interests and meet new friends at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Get the scoop on Badger Precollege 2024! Sign up for our mailing list to learn more about our programs, scholarship opportunities, registration information and what past students say about Badger Precollege.
Badger Precollege Senior
For students finishing grades 9–12
Immersive college-prep programs in which students select a course or area of interest, explore campus or meet online and learn with a community of peers. Programs include:
- Accelerated Learning Program (ALP): Three-week residential program offered in summer.
- Badger Summer Scholars: Two-week residential program offered in summer.
- College Ready @ Badger Precollege: Hybrid, college preparation program offered during the academic year.
- EducationUSA Academy Connects: One-month online program for international students, offered in summer.
- EducationUSA Academy: Three-week residential program offered in summer for international students.
- Summer Arts Clinic: One week, commuter only program for students interested in the Arts.
Badger Precollege Junior
For students finishing grades 2–8
Programs designed to challenge curious learners in elementary and middle school. Students explore a course or area of interest and meet new friends who share their love of learning.
- Growing Early Minds (GEM): One-week day program offered in the summer, for grades 2–4.
- Latino Youth Summit: Three-day conference offered in spring, for grades 6–8.
- Precollege Academic Campus Experience (PACE): One-week day program offered in summer, for grades 5–8.
- Summer Transitional Enrichment Program (STEP): Two-week residential program offered in summer, for grades 6–8.
Summer Music Clinic
For students finishing grades 6-12
A weeklong residential or commuter experience for musicians and music enthusiasts of all levels. Students learn from experienced music educators, develop music skills and collaborate creatively with peers.
Whatever you choose, your student will enjoy the university’s outstanding facilities, resources, faculty and staff. Scholarships are available for most programs.